the risk




In 2020, I graduated from UITM Lendu, Melaka, with a diploma in business studies (insurance). I've always wished to further my education outside of UITM. The prospect of living a new life or encountering a new circumstance sounds both fascinating and terrifying. At first, I debated whether or not to continue my studies at UITM.

The thought of facing it alone terrified me the most. Who doesn't ? Imagine the majority of your classmates completing their education at UITM with the exception of you. Isn't this to say that I won't have any friends in the future? I'm delighted I was able to persuade my best friend, Nurin Qistina (Qis), to go to the same university as me and risk our degrees being pursued at another public universities.

I was terrified of the idea of making new acquaintances. What if I'm not able to make one? What if I find myself alone? The notion of having to restart my degree from the beginning concerned me the most. If I continue my studies at UITM (Penerapan), I will almost certainly graduate early; however, if I take a gamble, I will most likely graduate when I am 25, because by that time, everyone my age has a proper job. So, should I accept it or decline it? I asked myself a lot of questions to make sure I wouldn't regret it afterwards.

But I'm glad I completed my istikharah on this section because the rest was simple. I ultimately made a decision after considerable contemplation. My best friend and I chose to skip UITM and pursue UPU instead. We chose UKM as our initial option. My best friend picked Economics, while I applied for Business Administration.



Comments